How is the course organised?
In order to ...
- increase your intercultural awareness and sensitivity,
- communicate more effectively with international students and other international guests at your univeristy,
- improve how you manage everyday interactions in the intercultural work environment, including during teaching,
- help identify and resolve intercultural conflicts,
... you will:
- learn new concepts and reinforce the ones you already know,
- compare various meanings and approaches in and to intercultural competence (ICC) development,
- discover how to include ICC in your teacher's toolbox,
- consider reflective practice in your teaching.
What is the course structure?
The course includes a) asynchroneous video lectures and presentations, exercises and homework and b) one live Office Hours session weekly:
- 16 hours of classwork, divided into small sections, spread over a 6-week period,
- 1 module released per week for 6 weeks to study on your own,
- free access to the StudybilityHUB community for exercises,
- free access to the optional Office Hours weekly.
Each week you need to devote to the course beerween 2 and 3 hours of your time.
What are the course dates?
The course starts on November 1, 2022 and ends on December 31, 2022.
- The first module of the course will be released on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
- Each Tuesday afterwards for 6 weeks, a new module will be released.
- The last module of the course will be released on Tuesday, December 6, 2022.
- Once you log in for the first time, you will have until December 31, 2022 to complete the course. After this date, your access to the online class will be closed.
What time is the class?
This course is delivered asynchroneously.
- You study when you want and for how long you want.
- You do not need to do the assigned work at once - each module is divided into smaller sections. Each section contains material which can be viewed or read at your own pace.
- Once you complete reviewing a section, please click "Complete & Continue" and you will be taken to the next section. The previous section will then be considered done.
- Each week during the course there will be Office Hours which you can (but do not have to) attend. Office Hours time & virtual place will be announced at the onset of the course. You are welcome to join with questions or further discussion with colleagues from around the world.
How can you communicate with other course participants?
The course has a special space to chat, exchange good practice and do homework in StudybilityHUB.
- As a course participant, your access to the community StudybilityHUB is free,
- You will continue to have access to this community once the course ends for free until the end of 2022,
- It is in this community that the weekly Office Hours will take place (starting in the second week of class). Office hours are optional, dates will be announced.